UpTogether Code of Conduct
Updated June 23, 2020
PLEASE READ THIS CODE OF CONDUCT POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING FII’S WEBSITE. By accessing, using, or otherwise interacting with the Site and/or using FII’s services, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Code of Conduct.
The UpTogether Code of Conduct outlines guidelines and standards that all members must strive to uphold throughout the UpTogether/Family Independence Initiative (FII) environment including but not limited to UpTogether.org, group meetings, FII events, and interactions with members and staff. It is expected that all members will behave in an ethical and respectful manner at all times and maintain an environment that is positive, productive, enjoyable, safe, and free from harassment and discrimination.
We want members to use UpTogether to express themselves and to share content that is important to them, but not at the expense of the safety and well-being of others or the integrity of our community.
As a member of UpTogether you will agree to uphold this code of conduct and be responsible for all activities, interactions, and content you post/upload when using UpTogether. You will engage with others with dignity and respect on UpTogether.org. In doing so you agree to follow these Terms:
- Don’t engage in activity that is harmful to you, others or the UpTogether community (e.g. communicating hate speech or advocating violence against others).
- Do not use disparaging or derogatory language.
- Don’t infringe upon the rights of others (e.g., unauthorized sharing of photographs).
- Don’t engage in any activity that violates the privacy of others.
- Don’t engage in any activity that exploits, harms, or threatens to harm others.
- Don’t send spam. Spam is unwanted or unsolicited bulk email, postings, contact requests, SMS (text messages), or instant messages.
- Don’t publicly display or use UpTogether to share inappropriate content or material (involving, for example, nudity, bestiality, pornography, offensive language, graphic violence, or criminal activity).
- Don’t engage in activity that is fraudulent, false or misleading.
- Don’t help others break these rules.
If you violate these Terms, the following may happen.
- We may stop providing access to UpTogether to you and/or close your account.
- We may also block delivery of communication (e.g. email, posts, events or instant messages) to or from UpTogether in an effort to enforce these Terms.
- We may remove or refuse to publish your content for not complying with these Codes of Conduct.
- We may remove you from your UpTogether group(s).
- Any other such actions we deem reasonably necessary to address the violation.
When investigating alleged violations of these Terms, FII-National reserves the right to review your content in order to resolve the issue. However, we cannot monitor the entire site and make no attempt to do so.