UpTogether Code of Conduct
Updated March 9, 2021
PLEASE READ THIS CODE OF CONDUCT POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING UPTOGETHER ‘S WEBSITE. By accessing, using, or otherwise interacting with the Site and/or using UpTogether’s services, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Code of Conduct.
The UpTogether Code of Conduct outlines guidelines and standards that all members must strive to uphold throughout the UpTogetherenvironment including but not limited to UpTogether.org, group meetings, UpTogether events, and interactions with members and staff. It is expected that all members will behave in an ethical and respectful manner at all times and maintain an environment that is positive, productive, enjoyable, safe, and free from harassment and discrimination.
We want members to use UpTogether to express themselves and to share content that is important to them, but not at the expense of the safety and well-being of others or the integrity of our community.
As a member of UpTogether you will agree to uphold this code of conduct and be responsible for all activities, interactions, and content you post/upload when using UpTogether. You will engage with others with dignity and respect on UpTogether.org and any interactions with UpTogether staff or members outside of the online platform. You agree NOT to use the Site to::
- Engage in activity that is harmful to you, others or the UpTogether community (e.g. communicating hate speech or advocating violence against others).
- Use disparaging or derogatory language.
- Infringe upon the rights of others (e.g., posting content which you do not have the right to make available or that infringes any proprietary rights of any person or entity, unauthorized sharing of photographs).
- Engage in any activity that violates the privacy of others(e.g., unauthorized sharing of UpTogether community member’s personal information on UpTogether.org or on any other online platforms).
- Engage in any activity that exploits, harms, or threatens to harm others.
- Send or pose solicitations, advertisements, or spam. Spam is unwanted or unsolicited bulk email, postings, contact requests, SMS (text messages), or instant messages.
- Publicly display or use UpTogether to share inappropriate content or material (involving, for example, nudity, bestiality, pornography, offensive language, graphic violence, or criminal activity).
- Make available viruses or corrupted computer files, programs or content designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the Site or affect other users to interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers, systems or networks connected to the Site or our services in any way.
- Violate any applicable laws of regulations.
- Engage in activity that is fraudulent, false or misleading (e.g. misrepresenting financial information, creating multiple accounts, impersonating or using the identity of another person,etc.) .
- Help others break these rules.
If you violate these Terms, we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, without prior notice being required, to:
- Stop providing access to UpTogether to you and/or close your account.
- Limit or block your access to UpTogether while investigating alleged violations.
- lock delivery of communication (e.g. email, posts, events or instant messages) to or from UpTogether in an effort to enforce these Terms.
- Remove or refuse to publish your content for not complying with these Terms
- Remove you from your UpTogether group(s).
- Report unlawful conduct to the appropriate law enforcement agency.
- Any other such actions we deem reasonably necessary to address the violation.
When investigating alleged violations of these Terms, UpTogetherreserves the right to review your content in order to resolve the issue. However, we cannot monitor the entire site and make no attempt to do so.
Updating these Terms
UpTogether may revise, amend, or modify this Code of Conduct from time to time to reflect changes to our organization, services, or applicable laws. Notice of any revision, amendment, or modification will be posted on the Site and will be effective on the published effective date. If the revision includes a material change, we will prominently post notice of the change 30 days prior to the effective date. By continuing to use the Site after the amendments are effective, you accept and agree to abide by them.
We encourage you to periodically visit this page and review this Code of Conduct so that you will always know what the Terms are. If you disagree with the Terms, you may discontinue use of this Site.
If you have any questions, comments or complaints concerning this Code of Conduct, or wish to report a violation, please contact us at:
UpTogether –Attn: Code of Conduct Inquiries
663 13th Street, Suite 200
Oakland, CA 94612