Work with Us
At UpTogether, we recognize that poverty is created by systems, rooted in racism and perpetuated by false views of people considered “poor.”
We seek to change policies, systems, and underlying beliefs so that all people in the United States are seen and invested in for their strengths and are able to build power, reinforce their autonomy, and drive their own economic and social mobility.
How We Work
UpTogether is a small, mighty, and rapidly-growing team. We operate in a 100% remote office environment allowing us to work with a diverse, mission-driven, and highly-skilled team not limited by geography. Because we trust that our staff can meet the organization’s expectations, self-manage, have strong communication and meet performance goals, they are not restricted to a standard work schedule.
“The authenticity that the org has to care for its team members is something I have not experienced elsewhere. As a member of the support team, I am also blessed to hear and read the real-world impact our work is having on hard-working families across the country.”
– Wandy Peguero, Director of Support
Our Work/Life Balance Approach
Our staff members have full lives outside of UpTogether. They are parents, friends, spouses, caregivers and so much more. With that comes the need to balance their work and personal commitments. To support staff with that, we provide the following work/life balance initiatives:
- 24 hours of “personal” time off annually
- 12 days of “wellness” time off annually
- Three weeks of vacation time beginning in year one of employment and up to six weeks of vacation in year six and beyond
- 14 paid company holidays, including Juneteenth and Cesar Chavez Day. In addition, the organization is closed annually for winter break the day after Christmas through New Year’s Day. (Christmas Eve and Christmas are included in the paid company holidays.)
- Accommodations for flexible schedules
“We work hard, we iterate, we problem solve, and we collaborate intensely. At the same time, we have a culture of care, and respect where we celebrate each other’s personal and professional achievements. It has been a joy to work at UpTogether.”
– Lauren Woody, East Coast Partnership Manager
Staff Investment Initiatives
We are committed to ensuring all employees have access to the resources, tools, and equipment necessary to do their jobs, including:
- A monthly stipend to subsidize cell phone and home internet expenses
- A stipend to subsidize the purchase of a new laptop/computer once every two years
- A stipend to assist with the purchase of a new cell/smartphone once every two years
- An annual stipend for professional development and training (contingent on funding)
Compensation & Benefits
UpTogether salaries are very competitive with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and vacation for full-time positions.
In an effort to ensure pay equity we:
- Include the salary range on all job postings (both staff and contractor opportunities)
- Utilize uniform pay range bands (by position)
- Routinely conduct compensation audits
In addition, there is an opportunity to receive cost-of-living increases and/or merit increases annually.
At UpTogether, we strive to create a community that embraces equity, diversity and inclusion, and we support the efforts of others to build such communities. We are committed to an inclusive work environment and are intentional about seeking a diverse pool of candidates that represents the communities with which we work.
UpTogether is committed to the principles of equal employment. We create a diverse work environment and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for open positions.
“Growing up in a first-generation immigrant family, I saw daily how resourceful my parents were, and how important their community was as they navigated the challenges of growing their dreams in the U.S. My parents were able to achieve what they have through investing and believing in their strengths, which is why I feel aligned to UpTogether’s values and mission.”
– Meng Qi, Southwest Partnership Manager
Join Our Team!
Our positions are 100% remote (must be based within the United States). A reliable internet connection and functional work environment, including a computer with video conferencing capabilities, are required. Travel is not a requirement for most positions.
Learn more about our values, mission and vision.