Work with Us
At UpTogether, we believe every person is worth investing in, and that one’s income level should not dictate one’s ability to choose what is best or right for their own family.
How We Work
UpTogether is a small, mighty, and rapidly-growing team. We operate in a 100% remote office environment allowing us to work with a diverse, mission-driven, and highly-skilled team not limited by geography. Because we trust that our staff can meet the organization’s expectations, self-manage, have strong communication and meet performance goals, they are not restricted to a standard work schedule.
UpTogether is an amazing place to work. I’ve never been in a place where our opinion truly matters.
– Susy Sarmiento, Support Specialist
Our Work/Life Balance Approach
Our staff members have full lives outside of UpTogether. They are parents, friends, spouses, caregivers and so much more. With that comes the need to balance their work and personal commitments. To support staff with that, we provide the following work/life balance initiatives:
- 24 hours of “personal” time off annually
- 12 days of “wellness” time off annually
- Three weeks of vacation time beginning in year one of employment and up to six weeks of vacation in year six and beyond
- 14 paid company holidays, including Juneteenth and Cesar Chavez Day. In addition, the organization is closed annually for winter break the day after Christmas through New Year’s Day. (Christmas Eve and Christmas are included in the paid company holidays.)
- Accommodations for flexible schedules
One of the things I enjoy about UpTogether is working with talented people to apply fresh and modern technological approaches to systems in need of innovation in order to support our country’s largely ignored populations.
– C.M. Dorner, UX Designer
Staff Investment Initiatives
We are committed to ensuring all employees have access to the resources, tools, and equipment necessary to do their jobs, including:
- A monthly stipend to subsidize cell phone and home internet expenses
- A stipend to subsidize the purchase of a new laptop/computer once every two years
- A stipend to assist with the purchase of a new cell/smartphone once every two years
- An annual stipend for professional development and training (contingent on funding)
Compensation & Benefits
UpTogether salaries are very competitive with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and vacation for full-time positions.
In an effort to ensure pay equity we:
- Include the salary range on all job postings (both staff and contractor opportunities)
- Utilize uniform pay range bands (by position)
- Routinely conduct compensation audits
In addition, there is an opportunity to receive cost-of-living increases and/or merit increases annually.
At UpTogether, we strive to create a community that embraces equity, diversity and inclusion, and we support the efforts of others to build such communities. We are committed to an inclusive work environment and are intentional about seeking a diverse pool of candidates that represents the communities with which we work.
UpTogether is committed to the principles of equal employment. We create a diverse work environment and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for open positions.
While I have worked in the nonprofit sector with “progressive” organizations for over 20 years, this is the first organization that I have worked with that is unapologetically committed to anti-racism and racial equity. As an African-American woman, I finally feel seen, heard, and valued as a whole person. And that my success is not based on how well I can assimilate into the “normal” American work culture and/or code-switch.
– Nikki Wiggins, HR Manager
Join Our Team!
Our positions are 100% remote (must be based within the United States). A reliable internet connection and functional work environment, including a computer with video conferencing capabilities, are required. Travel is not a requirement for most positions.
Learn more about our values, mission and vision.